I’m Lauren Haynes, a visual designer who loves the challenge of solving problems through design. It was my love of art that first drew me to graphic design, and then I found UX. I find visual storytelling and intentional design to be compelling and powerful. I want to join a team where I can contribute on day one and grow into a role that inspires others.
I currently live aboard a 94-year-old classic wooden yacht, the Argonaut II, with my husband Justin, and our Goldendoodle Huckleberry Finn. Exploring the west coast and Canadian islands from our home last summer was a joy that I hope to experience many more times in my life. We love Seattle and take every opportunity to get outdoors for biking, hiking, sailing or anything under the sun (or clouds).
Seattle, WA | 2016 — present
While at MSR I designed:
- Mobile friendly microsites for new product launches using UX best practices to drive conversions. I reviewed contract developers work with a fine tooth comb to provide detailed edits that aligned with original design.
- Responsive pages on the MSR website through whiteboarding, prototyping, and user journeys implemented through the lens of the brand guidelines and existing site functionality.
- New pixel perfect, user tested email templates including a responsive welcome series for an international audience of 170,000+ engaged subscribers. Brand guidelines for MSR microsites, creating consistency across new product launches.
- Product pages through: high fidelity mockups, type treatment, link styling, hover states, active states and user flow optimizations.
President, Owner | Wyer Media
Seattle, WA | 2011 — 2015
- Provided digital marketing and graphic design services for 15+ local, regional, and national businesses. Worked with small teams to delegate content, strategy, and execution of client campaigns. Adapted existing branding for email campaigns, social media channels, promotional events, online ads, and website updates.
Social Media Manager/Graphic Design | Yala Designs
Ashland, OR | 2009 — 2012
- Worked with lead graphic designer on weekly email campaigns. Designed, planned and launched giveaways, contests, and other online promotional events to cultivate brand recognition.
Seattle, WA | 2017
Elected by peers to lead over 70 graduating designers and photographers in the exhibition and presentation of our work. The two day show hosted over 1000 guests.
Prescott, AZ | 2008
BA, Art, Cultural Studies
Minor in Environmental Studies
- Adobe Creative Suite
- Illustration Branding & Identity
- UX / UI design and industry standard tools
- Understanding of CSS, HTML, and modern responsive web design